What Wonders Await the Wandering Ones: What Wonders Await the Waddling Ones?
Whether in San Clemente, Saigon, or South America, there are small gems to be found, awe inspiring views, and the good people, food and traditions that make a place what it is. As I explore my world and make these discoveries, I will share here.

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

What Wonders Await the Waddling Ones?














Unfortunately these days I have a full time inside office job. This makes it hard sometimes to be exploring, and easy to be sitting in a cold, dark air conditioned room for eight hours a day eating trays of someone's birthday cake or plates of goldfish crackers lying around. Needless to say, I feel much more waddly than wandery. During my breaks I try to be outside to get some sun and fresh air, but sitting in an office all day is not easy. However, because I'm inside and sitting down for much of the day, I have a great new appreciation for walking. Whereas before Jordi and I might venture out on a nice night or to get ice cream downtown, I now relish and demand these walks daily. Whether I'm by myself or have company, I've discovered how nice it is to walk in the evenings. It's the time after dinner where I can talk with Jordi about our days - or if I'm by myself, I can catch up on phone calls or just relax while walking. It helps you digest,  gets jitters out so you can sleep better, and the best news for those with a companion - you also have a captive audience! :)
Try going for a walk this week after dinner - even a short one. I'm hoping that with enough walking, my waddling will turn back into wandering...

No comments:

Post a Comment